Friday, August 10, 2012

Boots and Bows

Pulling a Ricky Bobby........
"I'm not sure what to do with my hands...."
Angel Court earrings from Vaquera Boutique- Grove Arcade, Asheville, NC/ Tee from Gladiola Girls- Boone, NC/ Chico's Outlet necklace/ J. Crew skirt (snatched up at Plato's Closet for $10!)/ Lucchese boots from Vaquera Boutique- Grove Arcade, Asheville, NC

Photo Credit: Austin
This is my first post using my new camera (my birthday present from Austin); and I must say, he's pretty good at using it.... I might just keep him even after the summer.
(I know he will be just thrilled).

I found these boots at Vaquera and I fell in l-o-v-e.
(Me? Falling in love with a pair of boots? No way.)
I walked away from them the first day I saw them (discouraged by the Lucchese exotic price tag) but I could NOT stop thinking about them.
The next time I was in Asheville, I went by to visit them.
(Don't judge me).
The only sizes they had left were a 7 and a 9 1/2. 
Of course. I'm a 7.
(Fate?)
I put a deposit on them, and also picked up my beautiful Angel Court earrings.
(The first time I was in Vaquera, the owner, Terry, was telling me all about Angel Court; created by two girls from fashion and art backgrounds--Angela and Courtney.  They make jewels inspired by the South, vintage pieces, and artists like Georgia O'Keefe. Right up my alley. Since then I have had the privilege to chat back and fourth with Angela and Courtney.  Not only are they really talented, but they are so passionate about what they do and are good to respond to people who love their product).
A couple days after my birthday, I was able to pick my boots and have worn them almost every day since then!  But it's hard not to, when they fit like a glove.

Moral of the story:  If you love it, it's worth the splurge.  It will probably last longer, and it will be more rewarding than having 10 things you only KIND OF love (in comparison) from a lower quality retailer.

Second moral of the story:  If you're ever in Asheville or live in Asheville, go visit Vaquera.  Even if you don't buy anything, seeing the boutique is a unique and inspiring shopping experience.




2 comments: