So, I'm posting this a lot later than I intended to..... but hopefully you will still find it to be useful.
These are the five things that I feel like are essential to survive the winter/ holiday season. Keep these things either in your purse or your car...... yeah, that's also an excuse to buy a bigger purse!
1) A simple pair of gloves. You know that miserable feeling of having to drive somewhere early in the morning, with your bare hands on a cold steering wheel.
2) Chapstick. Of course..... especially if you plan on standing under the mistletoe this season.
3) Tissue paper. I couldn't begin to count how many times I have been on the way to meet a friend for their birthday/Christmas exchange/whatever, and having tissue paper in my car saved me a frantic trip to the store. It WOULD be frantic, because I am a extreme procrastinator.
4) A camera. You never know when you might want to capture a cute picture of your adorable toddler cousin or catch a picture of the ugliest sweater at the tacky sweater party. Or in my case, when I'm driving down the mountain, on my way home from school and I see a crazy icicle waterfall hanging off a rock that I have to stop and take a picture of.
5) Lotion. Of course lotion is a good thing to have to heal your dry winter skin.... but it can also help with static in your hair. Squirt a little lotion in your hands, rub them together til there is just a little residue left, and run through your hair--VOLIA, no more static!